How to Remove
A Single Cookie In Windows
Windows 95, 98, and ME
To remove a single cookie, follow these instructions:
Make sure that no browsers (Internet Explorer, Netscape, etc.) are open when you do this.
1) First, from the desktop or from the START menu, open MY COMPUTER.
2) Next, open the C: drive, assuming that the Windows operating system is located on C.
3) On the right side of the screen, find the folder titled WINDOWS.
4) Open the folder WINDOWS.
5) The WINDOWS folder now moves to the left side of the screen. On the right side, find the folder named COOKIES.
6) Open the COOKIES folder.
7) Next - and this is very important - at the top of the window, click on the drop down menu VIEW.
8) From that menu, select DETAILS - if it isn't already selected.
9) After you've done that, look on the right side to find the cookie or cookies associated with the site to which you are referring. You may have to scroll up and down and there may be more than one cookie for the site.
10) When you find the cookie related to the site, left click on it to highlight it.
11) Now, right click on the highlighted cookie and from the menu that appears, choose DELETE.
12) Confirm that you want to delete it by answering YES to the alert screen that will appear.
13) Continue to delete any other cookies related to the site.
14) After you are done deleting, close all windows by clicking on OK for each window.
15) We suggest you reboot your computer before you try to go to the site in question.
Should you have any questions, concerns or problems, feel free to contact us so we can help you.
© 2013 Keystone Computer Concepts, Inc